There is nothing better than exploring Canada’s great outdoors. Make sure your toys are safe!

Home and seasonal insurance policies cover personal contents, but specialized vehicles, trailers and watercraft require their own insurance coverage for both property and liability protection. Our team of professionals can review the best insurance options for your recreational property.

Coverage Considerations

  • Watercraft – Coverage for ski boats, fishing boats, personal watercraft or jet boats can often be written as a rider on a residential policy, or may be better suited to a standalone policy with a specialized marine insurer. Policies often include cover for contents, gear, attached equipment, auxiliary motors and trailers. Older (or larger) vessels, especially those for salt-water use, may require a professional marine survey every few years in order to obtain insurance coverage.
  • RVs, Campers, Motorhomes – In British Columbia, you will have your trailer or RV plated and insured for liability with ICBC, but typically the best option for property coverage is with a private insurance company. Usually written for much lower premiums, broader coverage, and replacement cost settlement, these policies typically cover the unit year-round, both while in storage and in use.
  • ATVs, Snowmobiles and Off Road Bikes – Just as with RVs above, private year-round coverage options are usually the best fit for these these types of units. In BC, ATVs and snowmobiles typically must be registered and plated with ICBC, and we can work with you to coordinate the right property coverage and off-road liability protection.